Who is eligible for a
Backup Hardship Fund Grant?
You are eligible for a grant if you can meet the following criteria:
- Over 18 years
- Currently reside in the United Kingdom with a UK bank account
- Earned your living for at least five years in the entertainment technology industry*
- Work behind the scenes or behind the camera in Live Events, Theatre, Film or TV
- Less than £2,000 in savings (excluding money allocated to paying HMRC)
- Not currently in Full Time, Further or Higher Education
- Have received no paid work since 16th March 2020 due to Covid-19
- In need of urgent financial assistance due to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Not previously received funds from Back-up or other hardship funds between 16th March and 19th October 2020
- Not been furloughed by any employer through the Governments Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) since 1st April 2020
- Have not received any financial support through the Government’s Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) since 1st April 2020
*Performing artists are not eligible.
Final determination of eligibility is at the sole discretion of
What does service in the entertainment technology industry mean?
This means that your major source of income is from work in this industry. This includes working behind the scenes in any type of performance venue, behind the camera, on the road (crew/production personnel), or for personnel who worked for dealers, manufacturers, production companies, consulting and design firms, etc. directly involved in supplying entertainment technology products and services.
How do you apply for a Hardship Fund Grant?
You must complete the Application for Hardship Fund Grant which requires such eligibility documentation as:
- proof of at least five years of work history
- detailed financial information
- a current bank statement
- proof of name and address i.e. utility bill
- supporting evidence (if available) of termination email if previously employed, or decline emails from any of the Government schemes if freelance
Applications must be completed in full and submitted during the application open period – opens 8:00 on 19th October 2020 and closes at 20:00 on 30th October 2020.
Providing you have eligibility documents ready beforehand, the application form will take approximately 15mins to complete
How are applications reviewed and how quickly can I expect an answer?
We will review all applications and then plan to confirm our decision about your application two weeks after the closing date of 30th October 2020.
Applications will be processed on a first come first served basis, and providing all criteria and eligibility requirements have been met.
What can Hardship Funds Grants be used for?
Grants may be used for basic living expenses such as rent or mortgage, property taxes, utilities, groceries, insurance and transportation. They may also be used for all types of medical expenses including health insurance, doctor and hospital bills, medication, physical therapy, home health care.
If you wish to apply for a Hardship Fund Grant please complete the online application form – Opens at 8:00 on 19th October 2020 and closes at 20:00 on 30th October 2020 – The Hardship Fund Application Form link below is currently open